Myonlinesafe Limited (trading as MyOnlineSafe) ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Myonlinesafe Limited (registered company number 08181641 with registered office at 4 Prince Albert Road, London NW1 7SN).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.myonlinesafe.com ("MyOnlineSafe"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use MyOnlineSafe, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with MyOnlineSafe.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through MyOnlineSafe and of the fulfilment of your orders associated with your account.
Details of your visits to MyOnlineSafe including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to MyOnlineSafe; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- · To present content from MyOnlineSafe in the manner we feel is most effective for you and for your computer.
- · To hold certain data for up to 12 months after your account has expired in case you want to renew your account.
- · To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- · To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- · To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- · To notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular geographic area). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Whilst using MyOnlineSafe, you may choose to upload information concerning your health records and certain other personal data which falls within the scope of 'sensitive personal data' as defined in the Act. That information is yours; other than as stated in these terms, we will not use that information at all and merely act as a safe-keeper for you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows: in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; if Myonlinesafe Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it for or about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our staff, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes and obtain your consent before doing so. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
MyOnlineSafe may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You may at any time and at no additional cost access all information of yours that you store on MyOnlineSafe.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or your computer's hard drive if you agree.
We use the following cookies:
- · Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of MyOnlineSafe. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of MyOnlineSafe or make use of e-billing services.
- · Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around MyOnlineSafe when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way MyOnlineSafe works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- · Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to MyOnlineSafe. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- · Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to MyOnlineSafe, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make MyOnlineSafe and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.